Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting there.....slowly :)

I am wrapping things up right now and I am in that phase of saying goodbye to some amazing people in my life.  I'm a pretty lucky gal because I have been touched by so many.  I was breaking the news to some people I work with and have had several break down at the news.  We cry together and I infuse them with positivism noting "you will be all right" "you can do it...look at all the progress that you have done, it wasn't me" and I believe that.  I believe that the move is going to be good for me know.  When looking at the large picture, potentially I have the impact of becoming stronger, more influential in my position because I have something to offer that no one does.  It's kind of nice to have a feeling of being a power player.  I can really do some shaping to the landscape.

The added bonus is that my commute is now knocked down to half of what I was doing, my son will be 10 minutes away from work, and the pace is going to be so much different.  Right now, all I know is  RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN.  Though I get paid a ton for it.  My new position, not so much but it sounds like my new pace will be slow slow slow.  My quality of life is going to be better.

The benefits of all, I get more time with my family, commute time is cut in half, my son is 10 minutes away so I can visit him on my lunch hour, and life is going to slow down.  My new house is twice the size of my old one, it's brand spanking new, and the payment is going to be $60 less than what it is now.  Funny....

So thanks for putting up with me.  I am in a good spot looking forward to new adventures and getting a new me back.  Healthy lifestyle back so that I can be the best I can be for Mr. Learning because he deserves it since I have been so disconnected lately.


5 comments:

  1. Funny how when you have kids quality of life, or what me and the wife call, "work/life balance" becomes so important.

    We kind of just did the same thing, but opposite. Wife wanted more career wise, so she took a good opportunity, but means she doesn't get home till like 600pm. We'll see how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo happy for you and proud of you. I love the feeling of people not wanting you to leave because you have done such an amazing job. It sends you into the new job reinvigorated and ready for new challenges.

    Now get to the gym and post some sexy pics for some....ummmmm...I mean all of us ;)

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to what you will be doing with all this free time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lost track along the way, I thought you had accepted a job offer but then backed out? Obviously I missed something...

    In any case, I'm very happy for you and the family, best wishes with the changes coming up! Speaking of changes, the movers will be at our house shortly, gotta go....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and glad you are embracing the change. Life is bound to throw things at you as I well know. I myself am going through some life changing things that I have to accept.

    ReplyDelete