Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What are the chances...

Vanilla: What are the chances that both my husband and I get sick? Argh, what a weekend.  Mr. Learning and I were struggling with the worst cabin fever ever.  We were chomping at the bit to get out because it's been months since we have done anything fun...well, we are talking about vanilla fun that is...swinger fun, well that almost seems like ancient history.  We started trying to think of things to do.  Go to Frakenmuth (which is a killer German town in Michigan), hit some Breweries, priceline a room in Chicago, or visit some relatives.  After a process of elimination, we decided the cheap wise thing is to make a trip to see a family member.  Both of our folks are wintering down south so that leaves our siblings.  I called my sister and her family was sick so we decided to travel out to Detroit to see Mr. Learning's sister.  Feeling good, we packed baby learning in the car and headed out.  We had a fabulous evening and we got to chill out some.  Everything was going great then.....baby learning woke up every hour on the hour in his new pack and play.  Granted now this is a brand new pack and play because I thought my last one was junk and prevented him from sleep.  Guess what?  The new one did not make a difference.  That little guy does not do well at all in it.  He rolls all over it and when he hits a side he wakes up screaming.  The only thing that I can think of is that my little guy is really tall for 11 months.  He's about 33 inches right now.  Which is in the 100% percentile of height.  So I was getting up non-stop.  Then in the middle of that, I start to get flushed and start getting the chills.  Then Mr. Learning comes to bed and he has the chills as well.  I thought "oh crap we have the flu".  We make it to the morning and baby learning is up a 7am and I take him downstairs where I find my 9 year old nephew up and rearing to go.  I cannot stay focused.  About 9:30, my sister in law wakes up and luckily she was willing to watch baby learning.  I go back to bed and I am out for the count.  I sleep for a few hours and Mr. Learning is barely functioning.  I'm doing a tad better but I feel like a steam roller flattened me...and we have a 3.5 hour trip home.  We were finally able to pull it together and we journeyed home.  Went to bed at 7:30 that night and slept.  I fair rough but go to work on Monday (I've only called in twice in the past 12 years at my job).  Mr. Learning goes in to see the doctor and it's strep.  Yup...lucky us, we have strep.  We figured out that baby must have been the carrier because when he was sick two weeks ago, he must of had strep because so far, the little man is not falling ill.  This totally bites.  Right when I get my grove on too.  I was able to hit the gym four days last week.  Now I am out until Thursday :( boo!

Though the only good that is coming from this is that our appetites have been so poor, all I can manage to eat is soup and smoothies.  I wanted to lose weight but I wasn't expecting this.  Maybe I need to rephrase what I ask for...

Regardless, we have both decided that traveling with the baby is not in our cards.  As much as we like to get out and stay overnight, this is not going to happen.  Getting up on the hour every hour does not trump the pros of getting out of the house.  We have a mini outing to Mackinaw in June that we will have to decide if baby is coming or not.  Maybe it's his age but how in the heck to people travel with younger kids?   At least in the upcoming months, we have inlaws that can watch the little guy.  We will figure it out...maybe :)

Swinger: Friends are going to Hedo next month.  So happy for them!  I was doing some peaking at the resorts and it sounds interesting.  I would definitely go sometime but we would have to stay on the prude side and go exploring on the wild side.  Our friends are more exhibitionists/nudists so they will do terrific.  For Mr. Learning and I, we like clothing.  I can't ever see myself walking around naked...tried it once and it wasn't my cup of tea.  In my book, too much naked is not a good thing.  When getting with people in person, it's kind of nice to "unwrap" them of their clothes.  Looking at their wanker right away might be a deterrent because I also like to see what's underneath...sometimes there are surprises but their personality won out so it doesn't matter.   One of the hottest partners we have had, the guy had a dick the size of my pinkie but he was so hot, it didn't matter.  If I knew that ahead of time, that might have been a "no".    Clothing is good!  At least in my world it is...

3 comments:

  1. Mrs Learning so sorry to hear about you guys being sick. especially just as you were starting to get your groove back.
    As for lifestyle/nude resorts you are really missing out Roll and I have gone to Desire twice heading back in May. It is an absolute fantastic place to go. We would never steer you wrong. At desire you can wear clothes we are in and out of them all day. At night everyone gets dressed up for the club. Which is interesting because after seeing people naked all day, whgen you see them at night all dressed up you think wow what is under there. It is absolutely intriguing we love it. I hope your friends have fun in Hedo clothes or no clothes. We actually have a hard time going back to wearing clothes after a week there. It is also amazing all of the different body types that go to these resorts. You will see people of all shapes and sizes and it is totally cool. They do ask you to wear clothes in the restaraunts which is a good thing. but still tell your friends not to grab the top plate in the stack at the buffet you never know what appendage may have come in contact. Roll wants you to know that occasionally she will put on a sundress just because.
    Hope you both get better soon
    Walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure how I feel about being nude at a swingers resort. I like the intrigue of finding our what is under the clothes. Also, the transition from friendly chat to adult fun would feel more awkward without clothes. then again, it would be easy to tell if he is in to you :)

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to hear you views on swinging and nudist. My boyfriend J is a nudist and is dying to take me to a nudist resort. I actually prefer to be naked at home, but not sure how I will feel at a resort. I will say I was quite shocked with myself as at my first swinging party (and so far only), I ended up only wearing a cami and heels most of the night. I have thin legs and arms, but there is this dang tube around my middle and with age, it is not looking good!

    As far as judging a man when he is naked, I don't see me doing that as I am most impressed by a mans personality and what he can do with his hands;)

    ReplyDelete