Friday, April 22, 2011

First family trip is next week. First on Friday is a vanilla night with the regulars and Saturday is Chicago. Yikes!!! We are both apprehensive about the upcoming travels as we have never travelled with a newborn before. We tried bailing on the regulars but then I got an email from Mr. Regular noting "if you don't want to hang out with us anymore just say so". I know he was joking (well I think he was) so I called and talked to them both. They noted "you can't stop living. Get your butt down here next week. You guys are making this a huge deal. Just pack what you need. If you forget something go to the store". Okay, we'll see how it goes. It's hard because family and vanilla friends stress to us that "you guys need to slow down" while the regulars who like us are busy stress "keep moving...mold him into your life". I guess too, it's just that we don't want to inconvenience anyone. Who wants a screaming newborn around? I know we didn't before baby learning but maybe that's different since we are parents now. I was also relieved to find out that the Chemistry's are not coming into town.

Got my transition clothes yesterday. After buying $250 of clothes from Old Navy online...I'm only keeping $30 worth. What I ordered fit but it just didn't flatter my body. My body shape is a pear, which is kind of hard to shop for. Luckily, I was able to find some clothing at the local resale shops. I found 6 full outfits for $35...love it. I settled on keeping 2 different styles of this dress. It flatters my body type so maybe this summer I will be sporting more dresses. I'm trying to feel sexy again and dressing up helps so I will do anything. It's almost that fake it till I make it :) I'll get it back, it will just take me some time. WW scale was 217...me naked in the morning on my scale 205. I love my scale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment