Sunday, July 25, 2010

We Survived the Weekend Gracefully!!!

I was able to channel my normal learning self yesterday.  I must admit that it take take a bit to come out but she came out.  Things got pretty ackward with the new couple and regulars.   We were intruding on their second date....there was no question about that. It was like what are Mr. Learning and I going to do? After breakfast we went up to the office to check in.  On our way to the office, we stopped and looked at a Subaru Outback that was parked outside of a site.  It was gorgeous.  A woman came out and noted "oh are you looking at my flat tire?" and we noted no we were looking at the car.  But Mr. Learning being the good man who he is, fixed it. She was very nice and it kind if set the pace for the weekend.  We checked in.  While the new couple and regulars went down to pool.  We walked around and it started to rain.  Regulars went into the club house to play cards with new couple.  Mr. Learning and I decided to give them some space and came back to the camper.

They come back for lunch.  We were in the process of eating and they came in.  I got a telephone call so I left for about 20 minutes.  Came back to listen to the regulars and new couple critique a woman at the shower. It was overwhelming to me.  I just got stick to my stomach.  It was horrible!  Then they wanted to go back to the pool area.  They asked us to go and I was like after their bashing conversation there was no way that u was going to go.  They were horrible.  I had major anxiety to the point that I was panicing about being naked in front of others.  So they went down.  Mr. Learning and I sat in the trailer and I was filled with utter frustration.  I didn't want to run but I knew I couldn't hide.  Decided after a while of chatting what to do, to go down by the pool.  Got there and I was straight up with people that I was scared.  A woman named Maureen had me come over and  sit by here.  We chatted and after some pep talk from her, I was able to go into the pool.  Made it into the pool and we started chatting with some people.  After a while, the regulars and new couple got up and noted "we are going back to the fantasy tent(only place you coukd have sex in the open) and back to the camper".  We told them to have fun.  We chatted with more people and we met Mr. Ray.  He was very nice after we told him our situation.  Him and his wife invited us back to their camper to have dinner.  With it being so odd at our site we jumped on the offer.  Mr. Learning and I didn't know what to do then for the next few hours.  After some talking, we decided to avoid going back to the camper and dinner was at 5:30.  Around 5:15, Mr. Regular and Mr. New Couple came down and noted that they were thinking about dinner.  We noted to them that we got an invite from a couple.  Told them thanks for thinking of us, and gave a good time.  We got ready and we had a lovely dinner with them.  They gave us a tour of the campground afterward.  Chemistry with them was nice.  We came back from dinner and the regulars were hanging out.  I asked if we were giving them plenty of couple time and they noted "don't worry about it".  We just fell back into our regular role with them by the vanilla relationship we have.  We got ready for the dance and set off.  We didn't wait for them because they were talking about getting there later so why waste time?  We met up with the Rays and danced some.  Mr. Ray touched me how I like to be touched.  Gentle kisses and hand on back of the neck.  The regulars and new couple came down and we sat by them.  They danced a little but they stayed huddled in the corner.  Mr. Learning and I got out there and danced.  They regulars and new couple announced that they were going back to the room.  We told them to have fun and we would give them some space.  We danced some mote and then we went over to a little bar called the hanger that was at the site.  We chilled more and after a couple of hours we got back to the camper.  

That's the trip so far.  I think we handled it the best we could.  We are happy that the regulars connected with another couple because we found out they have not since knowing us for the past year.  We were able to give them respectful space yet not totally blow them off. We were able to socialize and meet new friends.  

What I learned this weekend (can't include Mr. Learning because we haven't debriefed) is that we have to stop travelling in a way with the regulars.  Best bet is that we are there  but there should always be different sleeping quarters, drive seperate, don't put ourselves in a 3rd wheel position, and that we have evolved as swingers.  The regulars have turned into more vanilla friends than play partners, something I didn't want to be honest about but they have.  It's not that we won't play with them but in a way, they are staying where they are as swingers and we are changing. We are more social now chatting with everyone, they haven't changed in the past year.  I feel more confident in my people skills, I feel comfy with going up to people, leading the way, and being myself.  We'll see where life takes us but I can see us in a way distancing a tad from the regulars.  We'll still hang out but the frequency will be less because it has to be.  They need more time to pursue others while we figure out where our journey needs to go.  We are changing and learning :)           

1 comment:

  1. It's been a pleasure to read your blog and see how you and your hubby are evolving in your approach to the lifestyle, it seems very healthy to me and it seems like you're in a comfortable place.

    And from what you've shown us in your HNT pics, you have nothing to worry about if/when you get naked in front of others :-)

    ReplyDelete