Sunday, June 5, 2011

We have a vanilla date set up with a swinger couple on Saturday. I saw the profile and I had to say hi. They have small children like us so that was a major draw. They know we are not swinging for until at lease the fall due to the baby break. We were going to back out of the date because I didn't feel like meeting any new people yet but I figured if they wouldn't accept me now, I won't want to fuck them when I'm smaller. Besides, I'm a cute chunky chick right now. Anyways, I'm a tad nervous to dip my toes again. It's been a year since we have been on a date with people. The last time we had a date, it was with this couple who sent all these vibes of "hey we are into you" but only to find out, they weren't. Funny thing is that they are out of the lifestyle anyways. I just don't understand people sometimes and the mixed up signals that they send. I'm perfectly okay with leaving dinner and saying goodbye. This couple wanted to go from place to place to place with us. They had every opportunity to bail but yet they continued to engage. If we don't enjoy a couple, we say goodnight after dinner. If we really like them, then there are other options.

I think the worst date we ever went on was with a couple who were in their early 50s. I'm okay with people in their 50s but you got to have a zest for life. These people acted like they had one foot in the coffin. The man kept on drooling over me and noted multiple times how he would like to get me into a shower because it is so sensual that I wanted to puke. This was the second date we ever had and we didn't necessarily know how to go, hey we are not into you that way. Hanging out socially with this couple would not have worked either. We should have been upfront but we weren't. We just told them we were too busy to hook up again. Thinking back and thinking forward, I think we need to be a tad more honest with others but how do you do that? It is okay to note thanks for the great but there's no chemistry? Would that get you a bad reputation in the swing community?

2 comments:

  1. I hope the date goes well. If nothing else, it's always good to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong at all with telling a couple "we enjoyed meeting you, but the chemistry isn't there for us". We've done that numerous times and have been on the receiving end of the same message as well. But keep it "we", not "I", "I like you, but she doesn't like him" is a bit more insensitive and doesn't go over well.

    And yes, you're cute, even if you're a little chunky post-baby :-)

    ReplyDelete