Monday, June 7, 2010

I got hit with...

Last week was one of the lowest points I've had in a while. It was just rough self esteem wise. It seems like every once in a while, I get slammed by that evil thing called a monthly and it totally brought me down. With that and plus it was compounded by our very first rejection in the lifestyle...life was not to pretty in the learning2swing household :(

This was our first rejection and I'm definitely sure it's not our last but I bet the first one you get stings the most because we really didn't expect it. They gave off that air that they had a good time so, who knows but at least they were honest. The cool thing is that they sent us a nice rejection letter, which takes major balls and we appreciated it. Here's what they wrote "we've been talking, and it was great to meet you guys too. We thought you guys were great. Would make great friends, but we just weren't feeling it for the other stuff. And in light of what you guys told us that night, we should probably just leave it at that so as not to make anyone uncomfortable. Enjoy the summer...". I might tweak their response to us and use it in the future if we have to. The thing is, I took the rejection too personally last week. I blamed myself for maybe the lack of connection, my looks, etc. Looking back, I shouldn't have taken to heart so much but I did. The hormones didn't help me get out of my funk either.

We were this close to not going into the hotel party because of my funk. I thought if I can't be social, why should we spend the money to go? Finally on Thursday, I perked up some and was ready to go. Though, because of the monthly, we both decided that we would just go in and chat with people. We made a trip out of it. We stopped by and saw some of Mr. Learning's former coworkers and had lunch with them and then we went off to the hotel with a few stops on the way. We got to the hotel, relaxed some, and kicked back. There were 300 couples signed up for the party so it was going to be huge. We got there and there were some people there. We chatted a little with a few people. I kept running into this dishy guy who looked like Kal Penn and was flirting with him and his partner...they were adorable. I'm so into Indian guys, I have this fascination with them. We then ran into the Chemistry's and I have to say, they still take my breath away. Oh my goodness, they sure do. They brought their vanilla friends with them so we didn't want to monopolize their time but we were able to get some time in with them and it was nice....real nice. We also ran into the DJ's. They are a couple from our area who travelled down the party and they are uber cute. We have been chatting with Mrs. DJ at the parties that they work at in our area for a few months and this was the first time we got to meet them as a couple because he is always spinning the music. Totally couldn't read if they are interested in us or not but maybe we can explore this in the future because we all had terrific vibes going between us four. At one point, I looked over and Mrs. DJ was on Mr. Learning's lap and I was kissing Mr. DJ and I thought wow, this is terrific. I would so like to see Mr. Learning bang her skinny ass :) She is so tiny and I would be curious to see what they could do with each other. They gave us their cell phone numbers and noted that they have most Friday's free. Is that an invitation to call? The party had an afterparty but it was so packed, we went back to the room and I feel asleep. We trained with our trainer that morning so I was so exhausted! Overall it was a good party. We chatted with a ton of people, I kissed a handful of people, and I was able to pull myself out of my funk.

We stopped by the Regulars on the way home. It was great to see them. They were visiting their grandkids so we just chilled out and had a barbecue with them. They are going to be busy during the next few weeks. We chatted about going to a nudist camp but I'm kind of nervous to do that. I'll do it but it's still a tad nerve racking to do stuff like that.

Overall, it was a great weekend. I'm feeling better about myself. It was a totally off week for me and it's great to be out of that funk. Man, did that suck. Hopefully, that won't happen next month! Also, I think I will be able to take rejection in stride. I'll try not to take it so personally next time. It's going to happen and it's no reflection of us really because everyone has different tastes.

2 comments:

  1. Persian/Indian women turn me on like no other. It seems that at least in the Houston area there are not a lot of them in the swinging scene.

    The rejection letter is nice. At least I think it would be a lot better than going out with someone and then getting ignored after thinking things went well.

    -Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that I replied this post before, but I suspect that I wrote a reply without hitting Post Comment.

    We have been on both ends of the "thanks, but no thanks. The receiving end is never fun. We sometimes want to ask, "Why?" to understand better if there is something that we did wrong. However, in the end just moving on seems to be the best choice. We tell ourselves, "Their loss."

    That being said, we would rather have someone else us "thanks, but no thanks" than simply disappear and go dark. If you say that, they aren't left wondering if you will pop up again. Their reply seems to have provided a clear message without going to far. It is definitely some language worth saving.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete