Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two things I have noticed about swinging is...

Here are the two things that I have noticed about swinging. We have had our profile up since mid-August of last year. Our first event was a small house party. Already, the house party group has disbanded, and three couples out of the ten are no longer together. Yeah, the lifestyle is not for everyone. We got an email from the owner of the former house party noting how his wife left him for an ex. When we first met the couple at the house party, they were quiet scary. Mr. Learning and I just sat back and watched them interact and it was pretty bad. They were totally trashed by 10:30, not attractive. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Learning and I love our beer and liquor but in complete moderation. In fact, when we truly swing, we love to be sober so we can recant the events of the night. Anyways, they gave out scary vibes so we stayed away. Another couple who was there only made it three months and they ended their engagement. People burn out and they burn out quickly. Maybe our pace is helping us...we tend to be relationship swingers. We've only fooled around with a couple once without know thing and looking back on that night, I think I made it happen for a reason. We really try to get a feel for people because very rarely can I go and think about screwing the girl or the guy. I have to like more than their looks, I have to like their personality if that makes any sense. Our pace is our pace and I'm not making judgments on others but in order for us to make this work, make it comfortable, we need this pace right now. I'm not saying that it will stay constant but at this time in our swinging lives, this is the pace. We've met a few couples who hit it running and they are doing terrific (way to go! fist pump for them!) but then when we hear swinger breaking up horror stories, it makes me worry a tad, kind of wondering "do we know what we are doing?" and then I answer my own question "why yes we do...we are going slow". I'm loving what we are doing. The couples who we clicked with are amazing people and I feel they know me in a way that others (well besides my husband) will never. I trust them more than my vanilla friends, which is something. Thats my first observation.

My second observation is about myself. In the past year I'm taking better care of myself. I'm caring about my clothing (well, on the weekends that is! during the work week, I'm the same), getting my hair done, my nails done, pedicures, and trying new things. Today I had to go out shopping for some shoes because we have a vanilla event on Saturday so I hit my favorite shopping spot. I found this cutie of a dress. It shows off my best assets which is my narrow shoulders and tiny waist. I would have never worn it before swinging. I like my swinger self :)

We got an offer from a couple who we wanted to meetup with to go out tomorrow but we are passing. Four dates in a week would have been too much. We'll see if we can hook up with them down the road but our calendar is looking really busy right now. Our next free weekend is July 23rd! Where is summer going?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Not much to say (this time!) except- damn you're a cute one!

    ReplyDelete