Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm learning to accept change in my life. A year ago today, I could have imagined I would be a mom, thinking about moving, and leaving my job to search for new opportunities but I am. After weighing out the pros/cons, we have decided that if Mr. Learning is given a relocation package we will take it. That means me giving up my dream job, dream house, and being comfortable for a new challenge. The key thing is that I want better for Baby Learning. Having both parents not local and making a huge commute would not be good, especially when he gets older. When I was little, my parents had to work. I remember missing out on things as I got older. I so wanted to participate in sports, but couldn't because my parents worked. I don't want Baby Learning to suffer just because his parents but their jobs first due to the money. I have a very marketable degree that I can go anywhere. Will I make the money I do now, heck no but could I be close to home? Could I have two hours of my day back? Could I have some growth potential? Yes. I'm open to new opportunities for the first time in my life. Change is good, right? If we don't get the relocation package, the plan is to stay here, sock away money, and move down there when Baby Learning gets older because we live in a crappy school district. The worst in the area. All my neighbors send their kids to private school. If we had to do that it would just be wiser to move because that expense and gas.

Had breakfast with Mrs. Regular yesterday. She ribbed me for thinking about moving, I ribbed her about having a full swap because we both are doing things that we said we never would do. Things are going well for them. She has a massive girl crush on the fulls that she did. It's nice to see her happy with swinging and keeping an open mind. I honestly don't think we will ever swing with them. Stepping back, I love our vanilla relationship. If they were exit swinging, shut it down, I would prefer us to be friends over sexual partners. It makes more sense to me. We discussed the move and swinging. All great topics and agreed that we should meet once a month to keep up with each other. I agree because it's nice to talk about stuff especially swinging with someone you know. She was updating me on their adventures and I found out that they met up with our date for next month. They were not impressed with the couple. The female seemed distant and the man was like leisure suit Larry from Three's Company. She tried to back peddle noting that maybe it was a bad night but I noted it's not like we are going to screw the couple or discuss lifestyle stuff in front of kids. We are meeting the people on a vanilla basis. I laughed and told her that we would compare notes after meeting them. It struck me on how really small the swing community is. Never act like an ass because that reputation can be hard to get rid of. Be on your best behavior at all times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment