Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's funny how my need for control in life my limit our possibilities.  I need to work on this.  I hate change, absolutely hate it but I know sometimes it can be good.  In looking at Mr. Learning's news yesterday, I shut down completely instead of embracing it.  Maybe change can be good, right?  I'm trying to trust that it is.  In looking at our future options, I may need to come to the realization that I'm not in my forever house or job.  This is hard for me because when I was young, my family moved three times and it was devasting to me.  Now, with the changes, we can either be proactive or reactive.  I would much rather be proactive.  Here are the facts: I currently earn more money than Mr. Learning but I'm at the top of the pay scale.  No raises except maybe COLA.  Mr. Learning will probably earn more than me in 3-5 years.  His company can be very stable.  They very rarely let people go.  My industry depending on politics can be potentially unstable.  They are currently working my coworkers to death at work.  I have generous benefits, as well as Mr. Learning. We both will have to commute 1 hour north/1 hour south.  We currently live in a horrible school district, I mean horrible.  In the future, if baby learning is not a motivated student we would have to send him to private school.  The schools near Mr. Learning's job are excellent.  They offer everything to the students.  That is not the case here where we currently live.  We can sell our house (at a loss of course in a few years) quickly.  We can buy a house down there because it's affordable.  I can find work easily as my work is in demand but I would be paid much less.  I just need to trust that Mr. Learning likes his job enough to do this.  I asked him last night if he liked his work and he does.  Maybe his venting is just his way of letting of steam.  I love my job but could I love another job?  Maybe.  Do I want my son in daycare all day, no.  Do I want my son in crap schools, no. Do I want my son to not be able to participate in anything because his parents work too much, no.  We have a few years but now isctge time to set goals and plans in place.  I also just need to trust and that is a hard thing to do at times.      

No comments:

Post a Comment