Sunday, May 8, 2011

Today is my first mothers day as a mom to someone.  I admit that for many years I have been petrified to have a child who I was solely responsible for.  I've seen so many children messed up from their parents poor choices in my life.  I haven't seen stellar parenting too much.  I didn't want to be one if those people.  I never felt ready to be a mom, even during the pregnancy I questioned if I was ready to do this.  Then I started to think about what things I know I'm great at.  I know I'm great at the loving part.  When I love, I love fully with my heart.  I knew I could love this baby fully and unconditionally.  I am patient....very patient.  I can ask for help if I don't know something or look it up on you tube (you would be amazed what I have learned from you tube). I can laugh at myself on how stupid I am at times.  I can be encouraging.  I can keep my promises.  When I fail, I can admit to my failures.  I can be a great mom.  I will do my best to be the best mom possible.  I will fail him at some points in his life but that is life and I'm not striving for perfection.  I just want to be good :) I love baby learning and thank God for him because he is amazing.  Happy mothers day to all moms out there!       

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you. If you don't think you are not up to the job and if you think you are doing it wrong, then chances are-you are doing it right.

    ReplyDelete