Monday, May 9, 2011

We have had this dark looming cloud over us for the past 8 months. Mr. Learning's company has been restructing and they were looking at closing his office. We were waiting for the official word and it's coming today. He just talked to a company lawyer and it looks like the office is indeed closing. Shit. My kid is going to be in daycare from 7-6 unless we seriously look at some options. I make really good money for my career, infact, I make about $30K higher than most of the people in my career. Mr. Learning just got a 15% raise.

When you have a child, it is true that your priorities change. I can't imagine him being in daycare for that long. Mr. Learning used to do the hour commute to where they will be transfering him and it was hell. Mr. Learning hates his job but I honestly think he would hate his job no matter what. So even if he went back to school for another bachelors degree, I think he would be miserable. This is his second career. He hated his first career too because at the age of ten, he was hell bent on that career. He didn't explore any other options except that career. Now, he is poised at doing the commute again. He doesn't want to...I don't want him to either but in life and this economy, there are very few choices. What we can control is our schedules. I can control my schedule to a point and so can he. Baby Learning doesn't have to be in daycare from 7:00-6:00, there are options for us, but we just need to communicate. I could flex two days a week, so could he and then one long day in daycare for baby learning. He was wanting to totally quit his job and stay home but I don't think that would be a great option for him either. He's not the type of guy that would be great at staying home. He would get bored. I'm just so sad today. It will all work out in the long run, I know but today...well it just sucks. Though, it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment